Affiliation and Research Interests
I am a postdoctoral scholar at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, working in the Applied Computing for Scientific Discovery Group of the Applied Mathematics and Computational Research Division within the Computing Sciences Directorate. My primary research focus is on the theories and numerical methods of open quantum systems. In my previous work, I developed state-of-the-art models for open quantum systems that are applicable to current quantum devices. Currently, I am engaged in developing innovative quantum algorithms to accurately simulate the dynamics of open quantum systems. (Disclaimer: this paragraph is written by ChatGPT.)
- B.S., Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- M.S., Stanford University
- Ph.D., University of Southern California
- H. Chen and D. A. Lidar, Hamiltonian Open Quantum System Toolkit, Communications Physics 5, 1 (2022).
- H. Chen, M. Vives, and M. Metcalf, Parametric Amplification of an Optomechanical Quantum Interconnect, Phys. Rev. Research 4, 043119 (2022).
- V. Tripathi, H. Chen, M. Khezri, K.-W. Yip, E. M. Levenson-Falk, and D. A. Lidar, Suppression of Crosstalk in Superconducting Qubits Using Dynamical Decoupling, Phys. Rev. Applied 18, 024068 (2022).
- Y. Bando, K.-W. Yip, H. Chen, D. A. Lidar, and H. Nishimori, Breakdown of the Weak-Coupling Limit in Quantum Annealing, Phys. Rev. Applied 17, 054033 (2022).
- M. Khezri, J. A. Grover, J. I. Basham, S. M. Disseler, H. Chen, S. Novikov, K. M. Zick, and D. A. Lidar, Anneal-Path Correction in Flux Qubits, npj Quantum Information 7, 1 (2021).
- H. Chen and D. A. Lidar, Why and When Pausing Is Beneficial in Quantum Annealing, Phys. Rev. Applied 14, 014100 (2020).
- H. Munoz-Bauza, H. Chen, and D. A. Lidar, A Double-Slit Proposal for Quantum Annealing, npj Quantum Information 5, 51 (2019).
- C. Wang, H. Chen, and E. Jonckheere, Quantum versus Simulated Annealing in Wireless Interference Network Optimization, Sci. Rep. 6, 25797 (2016).
- H. Chen, N. Gomes, S. Niu, and W. A. de Jong, Adaptive Variational Simulation for Open Quantum Systems, http://arxiv.org/abs/2305.06915.
- V. Tripathi, H. Chen, E. Levenson-Falk, and D. A. Lidar, Modeling Low- and High-Frequency Noise in Transmon Qubits with Resource-Efficient Measurement, http://arxiv.org/abs/2303.00095.
- X. Dai et al., Dissipative Landau-Zener Tunneling: Crossover from Weak to Strong Environment Coupling, http://arxiv.org/abs/2207.02017.