The 2014 Luis Alvarez Postdoctoral Fellow, Juliane Mueller is developing algorithms for black-box optimization problems whose objective and constraint function evaluations are based on running computationally expensive computer simulations.
Research Interests Related to Simulation Optimization
- derivative-free global optimization using surrogate models (response surface models)
- continuous, integer, and mixed-integer optimization
- multi-objective optimization
- non-linear, black-box constrained optimization
- application areas: vehicle routing, transportation network design, structural optimization, renewable energy (hydropower, kite), watershed management, optimal reliability design, global climate models, environmental engineering