Adaptive, Scalable Scientific Computing with Chombo
Chombo is the overall software framework ANAG uses to develop of numerical methods for scientific and engineering problems. Chombo provides a set of tools for:
- Finite difference and finite volume discretizations on block-structured adaptively-refined grids
- Hyperbolic, Elliptic, Parabolic partial differential equations, including constraints
- Embedded boundary and mapped multiblock methods for the representation of complex geometries
- Particle and particle-mesh algorithms within the AMR framework
- Higher-order methods in time and space
New capabilities required by specific applications are supported by project funds for that application. Cross-cutting development of new capabilities in Chombo is supported by the FASTMath SciDAC Institute. Most parallel platforms are supported, and cross-platform self-describing file formats are included.
More information and downloads are avialable on the Chombo website.